Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 14, 2018   #46
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Tormato, I sent in 5 packets of Medova Kaplya which I don't see listed in yellow or cherry?
Nan_PA_6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2018   #47
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Tormato, may I ask for one of those packs of Medovaya Kaplya seeds that Nan sent in? I'll send you a SASE.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2018   #48
oldman
Tomatovillian™

Wes
Cherokee Lime
Red Barn

all look like things I'd be happy to grow.

I'm entertaining myself by looking up everything I haven't grown before. It's a long list : )
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2018   #49
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
Tormato, may I ask for one of those packs of Medovaya Kaplya seeds that Nan sent in? I'll send you a SASE.

No need for a SASE. I'll look for the OvG, but I may be out.

Nan,

Medovaya Kaplya was placed in the Eastern European category this year.

That category (along with a long list of more fruit/veggie seed) was being typed in, and I again hit a wrong key, and the whole list and the internet disappeared again, with no recovery.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2018   #50
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Well, one category (EASTERN EUROPEAN) will have to remain a mystery. It's just too much eye strain for me, as I have to keep looking up and down at the list and the keyboard (I'm a 1 to 2 finger typer). With English, most French and Spanish, I have no problem, one quick glance and I know the spelling . Russian, Ukranian, Polish, etc...I have a BIG problem.

This reminds me of an off-color joke. What does a Eastern European bride receive on her wedding day that's...
Old December 20, 2018   #51
eyegrotom
Tomatovillian™

Hi Gary here is my list for Hearts. Blackfoot. Bobbie. Chernoe serdtse Curtis cheek. Eagle's beak Grightmire's pride Happy jack Herman's yellow. Heshpole Jewish. Little lucky heart. Reif red heart. Sakharnyi bison Sgt peppers Sink's striped Slankards Ukrainka. Zaitska Zher and if you want to throw in some of the Eastern European ones. Thanks Mike
eyegrotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2018   #52
clara
Tomatovillian™

If it's not too late, I'd like to add to my list (sent in one of my letters):

Egg Yolk
Hundreds and Thousands
Megatrusses
Wee Willie's Mouthful

Belle Maurinoise Jaune
Faribo Golden Heart

Many thanks! Vielen Dank!
clara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2018   #53
oldman
Tomatovillian™

If I haven't used up my tomato wishlist or worn out your patience Sakharnyi Bizon looks like a good heart to have.
Old December 21, 2018   #54
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
No need for a SASE. I'll look for the OvG, but I may be out.

Nan,

Medovaya Kaplya was placed in the Eastern European category this year.

That category (along with a long list of more fruit/veggie seed) was being typed in, and I again hit a wrong key, and the whole list and the internet disappeared again, with no recovery.
I just now read this post. Thank you
Old December 22, 2018   #55
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I just now read this post. Thank you
I'm out of OvG, so I substituted others.
Old December 22, 2018   #56
maxjohnson
Tomatovillian™

Should I wait for anymore updates or can I post my final wishlist now? (Just interested in tomatoes).

Last edited by maxjohnson; December 22, 2018 at 08:36 PM.
maxjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2018   #57
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjohnson View Post
Should I wait for anymore updates or can I post my final wishlist now? (Just interested in tomatoes).
I've been following all the interesting seeds being shared but I'm not good at decisions! Are there still many unspoken for seeds with the " * " that were elected for growing out for next year?

In prior years, there weren't as many lists of available seeds. Tormato always sent things to try that I never would have thought of asking for, and they were amazing and awesome choices. There are so many unusual varieties of everything being shared this year, excited to try them.

I'll be a little sparse on here until Christmas Weeks is over. Waiting to see where this massive winter storm sets up. The senior home that I work out is outside the city and being there for the holidays is something I look forward to, but not sliding off the road in the snow !!!!!!

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2018   #58
oldman
Tomatovillian™

Gary/Tomato is very knowledgeable about tomatoes and has grown the majority of what's in the swap at least once. If you can't decide I'd suggest just giving him an idea of what you've grown and liked in the past. If you want to grow out a specific size of tomato or will be growning in containers or a limited space, give him some parameters. And share that you're interested in varieties that he'd like to have more seed of next year. He's picking the mostly mystery part of your package, a non-specific wishlist isn't likely to challenge him. ;+)

That said, he's started mailing some packages already (to CA, AZ, and some Southern gardeners), has finished publishing spoiler lists, and will finish sending seed out after Christmas. So even if you aren't going to list varieties, sharing the parameters you'd like to define some of the choices is one of those things you shouldn't put off til the new year.....
Old December 26, 2018   #59
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

I haven't seen a thread for this part yet, but I GOT MY SEEDS today Thank you Gary.
Old December 26, 2018   #60
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjohnson View Post

No more updates. Eastern European varieties, experimental varieties, unknown how-to-categorize varieties, and the 2- year cache of uncategorized varieties found under my corn seed, along with common beans and peas will remain a mystery, but are still here for the asking. So, post away.