Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old March 13, 2018   #436
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Great photoes and plants! Would like some seeds in the future to try here if they are available

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2018   #437
dfollett
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey_BY View Post
Great photoes and plants! Would like some seeds in the future to try here if they are available
I'd be happy to send you as many as you'd like. PM me your address and give me an idea of how many and what you'd like to try - dwarf hunting or looking for something worthwhile from some that have already been selected for micros - fine leaf - fuzzy leaf.
dfollett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2018   #438
tryno12
Tomatovillian™

Wow Andrey, I just checked your weather and it is colder than mine - i am headed to Dominican Republic for a week to get away - I gave away 50+ plants this week - have to get ready and make room for my regular summer plants - prob grow 100 outside indeterminate's, determinant's, and dwarfs along with Dan's Micro Floral's that last into the summer and then i will resow some of Dan's seeds in late summer to grow inside for winter.
Pete
tryno12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2018   #439
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

Wow Pete! That's a lot of plants! Have a great vacation!

Dfollet thanks for the clarification re culling. I have one F3 but 3 F4's so I guess I didn't need to seed so heavily for the cull. I have a bunch of great plants now at least! Those seeds germinated so well. Thx also for the leaf name clarification too because wispy isn't the right word. Mine are quite robust, just carrot like. Very pretty, very healthy. I will keep you updated.
Heide
hl2601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2018   #440
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

I have a few microdwarfs going in the greenhouse right now. I have a cherry of Dan's, a multi-flora of Dan's, and Aztec. My weather has been cold, the greenhouse is only marginally heated, and I can see the plants suffering from the cold temps...except the multi-flora. I have no idea why, but it seems to be showing much greater tolerance to the cold.

Here are two pics from today of the MF:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Resized_20180315_154029_9465.jpeg (499.9 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpeg Resized_20180315_154106_9412.jpeg (380.7 KB, 129 views)
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2018   #441
dfollett
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
I have a few microdwarfs going in the greenhouse right now. I have a cherry of Dan's, a multi-flora of Dan's, and Aztec. My weather has been cold, the greenhouse is only marginally heated, and I can see the plants suffering from the cold temps...except the multi-flora. I have no idea why, but it seems to be showing much greater tolerance to the cold.

Here are two pics from today of the MF:
Great looking plants. Interesting about the cold tolerance. That might be something worth looking into further. What lines are you still growing and what generation are they now? How consistent are they? Actually, I could ask a hundred questions - fruit size, height, color, flavor, etc....
Old April 2, 2018   #442
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Thanks. Since I always limited in space in my GH I'd like to try something already selected for multiflora micros and stable/almost stable to try at home in the fall/winter time in 2018/2019.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfollett View Post
I'd be happy to send you as many as you'd like. PM me your address and give me an idea of how many and what you'd like to try - dwarf hunting or looking for something worthwhile from some that have already been selected for micros - fine leaf - fuzzy leaf.

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR

Last edited by Andrey_BY; April 2, 2018 at 02:27 AM.
Old April 2, 2018   #443
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Great looking plants. Interesting about the cold tolerance. That might be something worth looking into further. What lines are you still growing and what generation are they now? How consistent are they? Actually, I could ask a hundred questions - fruit size, height, color, flavor, etc....

Thanks, Dan. I am growing two of yours. The non-Multiflora I believe was 46x-F3-9 that you sent me, then I saved seeds from that.

I'll have to look for the notebook I wrote in, but the multi-flora plants are noticeably bigger and growing faster than the non-MF in my cold greenhouse. As I mentioned in the other thread, I did find three in that flat that appear to have cascading foliage. Other than that, they have been uniform. It was an F3 generation that you sent me, so now I have the F4, I guess.
Old April 2, 2018   #444
dfollett
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Thanks. Since I always limited in space in my GH I'd like to try something already selected for multiflora micros and stable/almost stable to try at home in the fall/winter time in 2018/2019.
Send me your address this fall and I'll send you the most advanced I have available.
Old April 2, 2018   #445
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

One of those three plants is too tall for my liking. Here are the other two. They look exactly like my Tumbling Tom. It's hard to get a clear pic on a dreary day like today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Resized_20180402_114204_8764.jpeg (213.5 KB, 80 views)
Old April 2, 2018   #446
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Thank you, Dan.
Quote:
Send me your address this fall and I'll send you the most advanced I have available.

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Old April 2, 2018   #447
oakley
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Thank you, Dan.
Dan will have my seeds mid-season, if all goes as planned, and they will be F6...so far the
last tray is very compact and very little culling. Maybe even F7 since the winter grows are
about ready to bloom.
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2018   #448
oakley
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
One of those three plants is too tall for my liking. Here are the other two. They look exactly like my Tumbling Tom. It's hard to get a clear pic on a dreary day like today.
Are these Aztec or one of Dan's.? Gorgeous foliage.

I potted up three last week in felt pots and they went off to NYC co-workers with
a tag that has my e-mail so I can get results.
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2018   #449
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Those are out of the multi-flora I got from Dan. The cold weather has made them a little pale. It was just barely above freezing when I took that pic this morning. Those two guys got to come in and warm up under a light. I'll re-pot them in gallon pots tonight.
Old April 3, 2018   #450
tryno12
Tomatovillian™

Cole, what does "cascading foliage mean" in your sentence :
"I'll have to look for the notebook I wrote in, but the multi-flora plants are noticeably bigger and growing faster than the non-MF in my cold greenhouse. As I mentioned in the other thread, I did find three in that flat that appear to have cascading foliage. Other than that, they have been uniform. It was an F3 generation that you sent me, so now I have the F4, I guess.
Thanks
Pete

Last edited by tryno12; April 3, 2018 at 12:39 AM. Reason: incomplete
tryno12 is offline   Reply With Quote