Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Industrial Hemp (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=48090)

Cole_Robbie October 2, 2019 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LOL, thanks.

I'm stinking up the neighborhood, smells like a skunk farm.

bower October 2, 2019 07:45 PM

Super pics Cole, what a bounty!! :yes::D

PureHarvest October 3, 2019 07:48 AM

Are you/have you been doing testing to tell when to harvest based on CBD or THC levels?
What is your harvesting/drying method/plan?
Are you going to hand-trim and then remove buds from stems and ship in super sacks?
Do you have a buyer and how far away are they?
Sorry for the machine gun questions.
I'm trying to learn and you are the only person I have access to that may be able to answer these questions without me paying a consultant's fee, lol.
Crop look awesome BTW!

pmcgrady October 3, 2019 09:17 AM

[QUOTE=Cole_Robbie;747151]Buds![/QUOTE]

Is this the T1 (aka Trump)?
That's a beautiful crop!

GrowingCoastal October 3, 2019 11:43 AM

Wow! And it grows like a weed. Beautiful.

Cole_Robbie October 3, 2019 12:27 PM

Thanks. Yeah, that is T1. I bought my first lab test last week, came in at 16.25% cbd and .3% thc, which is perfect, I think. The IL dept of ag has said that for at least this year, they will only count delta 9 thc and not total thc, so just about everyone should pass. That might change next year, if there is Federal guidance. I was one of the lucky ones selected for state testing, but now I know I will pass, so it isn't a big deal.

I have harvested a few plants finishing early. They just get hung in a spare room with a little heat. Prices of flower have really come down in the past few months, dropping about 40%. But even at the current rate, my T1 is still worth $375 per pound. My girlfriend has a processor's license, so she will be a buyer for some of it. I can trim and store a lot, too. Some I sell in "pre rolls," which are basically cbd joints to smoke. I get some funny looks at the farmers market with the pre rolls. There is also a web site called kush marketplace. It's like the ebay of cbd. I can sell some there, and also will probably have a web site going eventually.

Cole_Robbie October 3, 2019 05:06 PM

I just found out that one of my pre roll customers is a man with Parkinson's disease. When his condition acts up, he lights one, and by the second puff he will stop shaking. It is gratifying to be able to help someone like that.

Worth1 October 3, 2019 05:11 PM

If you learn to cure it the stuff will have a nice smoke and not taste like home grown.
The trick is to convert the chlorophyll to sugars me thinks with a slow humid cure and drying.
Been many years since I have done it but everyone like it a lot.

HudsonValley October 3, 2019 05:24 PM

In my neck of the woods, hemp growers have formed a collective ("Hempire State Growers") and some farms are offering "hemp tours." I haven't taken a tour, but I drive through former apple orchards that are now hemp fields almost daily. They are indeed very smelly at this time of year!

wildcat62 October 4, 2019 10:45 AM

[QUOTE=Cole_Robbie;747151]Buds![/QUOTE]

Great pic...

Cole_Robbie October 4, 2019 08:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks, guys.

I have been pollinating like a busy bee to make feminized seeds, and I think I am just now starting to see them form.

Cole_Robbie November 1, 2019 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the first seeds of the year. They came from a volunteer plant that grew from some trash I cleaned out of a batch of spring seeds. I pollinated with pollen I had stored in my freezer. It made 650 seeds, not a huge amount, but they are still selling for about a buck apiece, so not a bad haul from a backyard volunteer plant.

bower November 1, 2019 10:21 PM

Those are beautiful seeds. :yes:

Marcus1 November 2, 2019 09:25 AM

Cole, What did you use for pollen? My understanding is for feminized seed you have to use pollen from a hermathrodite. Plants look great. Marcus

Cole_Robbie November 2, 2019 01:51 PM

Thanks. And yes, the pollen is collected from female plants that are stressed into making male flowers. I use colloidal silver. Some people use a different chemical, sts I think, but it is somewhat toxic.

I have a couple hundred plants outside that I have tried to pollinate, and I am just now starting to sample them for seeds. Pollination is a tricky affair, especially with no research to guide me. I'm flying blind, but learning quickly, I hope.