View Single Post
Old July 19, 2017   #10
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
I trial Fish Lake Oxheart from a different source each year, hoping to find the elusive red one. This year my plant has one flower truss with about 50 flowers on it. The tips on the truss have leaves, which I don't recall ever seeing. A strange plant, which just might not be FLO.
Gary,as I noted above if you get a plant with red fruits, save seeds,sow them out you'll get plants with either pink or red fruits,that's just the way it is,it flips flops.Save seeds from the pink,you get plants with either red or pink.

There was another variety that flip flopped for me but the issue there was RL vs PL leaves.

One truss has 50 blossoms?It doesn't sound to me like Fish Lake Oxheart, and as Tania said,see again,her link

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Fish_Lake_Oxheart

Just checking the stupid 2017 SSE Yearbook and a good friend is listing it in the RED section and says the fruits are PINK

My seeds were from Neil in Canada, the original source, TWICE, I'm pretty sure I offered it in a seed offer here,yes,I did,I now remember since I thought I was distributing seed for the red,but the first person to get ripe fruits said hers were pink,so I contacted Neil again,and same thing the next summer.

So I think it's just best, based on the experience of others,that it's doubtful there will be a permanent stable red, but it doesn't really matter IMO since epi color notwithstanding,the red and pink ones are the same.

Carolyn