Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for the various methods and structures used for getting an early start on your growing season, extending it for several weeks or even year 'round.

Old January 30, 2011   #1
snappybob
SETTFest™ Coordinator

Default Fungicide for tomato seedlings in greenhouse

Should I be using a fungicide on my seedlings that are growing in my greenhouse. I usually don't put any fungicide on my tomatoes until I put them in the ground and even then I wait a few days to let them settle in. But this is the first year that I have grown them in a greenhouse. Does anybody have any recommendations for that?
snappybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2011   #2
alamo5000
Tomatovillian™

I have only grown mine in a greenhouse one year....but I put fungicide all over the place on mine. Definitely.

Trapped air, moist damp conditions, warmth= humidity and prime time for fungus to grow.

At one point I thought I saw some signs that I needed it...so I doused them a couple of times... now, so far, no problems.

It won't hurt anything at all...at least it didn't hurt my plants.
alamo5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2011   #3
Stepheninky
Tomatovillian™

Not saying this is right or wrong way to use this but for starting seeds and watering seedlings in an indoor grow I admit I add a little Draconil to the water I use. Its already the ready mixed and then to a gallon of water I add a few squirts when ever I use jiffy products that are made of peat or any product high in peat. Does not seem to hurt anything and might help things along. If not it makes me feel like it does lol. Its not systemic. I have heard of it being used in hydro and my guess is it should be fine in greenhouses as well
Stepheninky is offline   Reply With Quote