Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old August 21, 2011   #1
fortyonenorth
Tomatovillian™

Default Homestead Seeds

Has anyone ordered from Homestead Seeds? They specialize in squash and have an excellent selection. They're on the pricy side of things, but I see they are affiliated with the Great Pumpkin Patch in Arthur, IL, which leads me to believe their primary customer base may be visitors to the patch. I ordered from a company called Revolution Seeds a few years ago and I think it's in the same family. They are serious about their cucurbits! Here's the website for anyone who's interested.

http://the200acres.myshopify.com/col...omestead-seeds
fortyonenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2011   #2
Jeannine Anne
Tomatovillian™

I had a good look as I am a collector of squash seeds.

My opinion is that there is nothing unusual there, their rare seeds are not and they are very very expensive..

I appreciate the link though, and I agree about the affiliation thought.

XX Jeannine
Jeannine Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2011   #3
Tania
Tomatovillian™

$5 for 15 seed is a bit steep, I'd think. But perhaps it is the bottle packaging that makes it so expensive, I am not sure.

A lot of these varieties are available from other seed companies for $3 and even less.

I am quite obsessed about winter squash seeds also, and looking through their maxima list I already have all these varieties except 5, and I have more maxima types that are not listed there. So I figured I will not be ordering at the moment - but thank you for sharing the link, I did not know about this seed company.

Jeannine, I actually have 3 good looking fruits on the Mayoral Blue squash, I just checked (and 3 more small fruits I am not sure if they 'took'). So we have hope to get some seeds from these .

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2011   #4
Jeannine Anne
Tomatovillian™

Oh good, your are way ahead of mine so all fingers are crossed, lets hope they are worth all the worry and stress LOL, I doubt I will ever find anymore..so go for it..oh the pressure.
XX Jeannine
Jeannine Anne is offline   Reply With Quote