Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old October 13, 2011   #1
skiezo
Tomatovillian™

Default Plants in south central PA

I am looking for a source of OP plants in south central PA. I am willing to travel to pick up plants. I am intrested in hearts mainly. I grow about 25 plants each year.
I would start from seed but I am not at home from mid Feb. till about the first week of April so it is not an option.
Any help?
Thanks Brian
skiezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13, 2011   #2
fortyonenorth
Tomatovillian™

How about Dana's? I believe she's south of Harrisburg: http://www.danasgardenplace.com/page/page/6804296.htm

Selected Plants is a mail order option with an incredible selection: http://www.selectedplants.com/
fortyonenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2011   #3
jabbok
Tomatovillian™

Brian- I just saw this post. I dont know of anywhere around these parts that has a huge selection of OP plants. Lurgan Greenhouse in Newburg, PA would have the most, at mabye 5,lol. I believe Jim Weaver over in Kutztown, PA has a large selction if you dont mind the drive(lots of peppers too). Depending on where your at I always have extra plants that die before I find a home for them, I am growing out 50+- OP varieties this next spring and 8 of those are oxhearts. Here's my list

AAA Sweet SalanoAbe Lincoln OriginalAbuz.Beauty KingBedford HeartBerkley Tie DyeBerkley Tie Dye HeartBig White Pink StripesBig Yellow Zebra Big ZebraBig ZebraBlack and Brown BoarBlack PineappleBlack ZebraBlond BoarBrad's Black HeartBrandywineBrown BerryCasady's FollyChile VerdeChocolate CherryChocolate StripesEmerald AppleEvans Purple PearGolden GatesGoldmans ItalianGreat WhiteGreen DoctorsGreen GrapeIsis CandyJapanese Black TrifleJersey GiantLarge Barred BoarMatt's Wild CherryMichel PollenMonomakha's HatOrange and Green ZebraOrange StrawberryP20/OSU BluePink Berkley Tie DyePink BoarPink Furry BoarPinnapple PigPork ChopRed Furry BoarSan Marazano Lungo No. 2 Sherry's Sweet HeartSolar FlareSpot YellowSweet Beverly Sweet Carnero's PinkTrenton's TigerValenciaYellow Furry BoarZebra CherryZebra Heart
jabbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2011   #4
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Why not think about buying from fusion, one of our members? He has a great selection of plants, will ship directly to you. You may want to check out his website.
Old November 24, 2011   #5
skiezo
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the help. I have been a faithful customer of Darrell at selectedplants for about 7/8 years. His plants are good and have no complaints with his sock.
He does not have a large heart selection. He said he will have 6 or 7 this year with
maybe a few more. I am in the Harrisburg area so kutztown is only an hour. I will
Keep that in mind along with you jabbok.
I will look at fussions site also.
Thanks Brian
skiezo is offline   Reply With Quote