Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 5, 2012   #1
KLorentz
Tomatovillian™

Default Germination Report!!!

Hi all,

Looks like I am golng to have extras this year.Most of the seeds I have planted have a 90 to 100% germination rate. Here is a partial list of the ones I can remember off the top of my head

!00%: Hoy,Terhune,Van Wert Ohio,Al-Kuffa, Nineveh,Darth Mater,Cosmonaut Volkov,Thessaloniki,Ekert Polish,Giant Italian Paste,Guido and Mortgage Lefter(Estlers Strain) .Oh yes and Cowlicks Brandywine and Dora.

I might note that I did plant a second round of maters a few days after the first and the second flat started to come up just a mere two days after the first flat.Don't know why that second flat started to come up faster. But there will be lots of seedlings to pot up when the time comes.And that ain't counting peppers ,flowers and herbs. May sound a little crazy but I will enjoy it just the same.

Kevin
KLorentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6, 2012   #2
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

My tomatoes are in the process of germinating right now so I don't know my final percentages. I have peppers everywhere from starting to grow second sets of true leaves to just showing crooks. and I even have to kinds I just got in the mail to plant.
Doug9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6, 2012   #3
PA_Julia
Tomatovillian™

Hi!

My tomato germination rate is close to 100%.
My nine varieties of heirlooms are close to getting their second leaf set under the grow lights.
I have carrots, spinach, lettuce and peppers currently in the germination chamber on heat mats.
PA_Julia is offline   Reply With Quote