Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old July 27, 2011   #1
beefsteak
Tomatovillian™

Default yesterdays harvest

4 var of tomato, (early girl, supersteak, marianna's peace, and super sweet 100), zuchinni, okra and cauliflower. I have had maybe 4 or 5 tomatoes since july 4th, now they are coming on like crazy after the hot weather we've had, today I picked my 1st rutgers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg todays pick.jpg (176.3 KB, 94 views)
beefsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2011   #2
pinklady5
Tomatovillian™

I would love to know how Marianna's Peace tastes and how your fruit production has been for that variety. Thinking of growing it next year.
pinklady5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2011   #3
kath
Tomatovillian™

Very nice! I'm especially impressed with your cauliflower- mine buttoned up and we got nothing out of 6 plants.
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2011   #4
Medbury Gardens
Tomatovillian™

Very nice looking tomotes
Medbury Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1, 2011   #5
beefsteak
Tomatovillian™

"I would love to know how Marianna's Peace tastes and how your fruit production has been for that variety. Thinking of growing it next year."

2 pics from today, tomatoes, secondary broccoli heads, and sweet corn, the swt corn, some tomato, and broccoli were lunch. The 2nd pic was of marianna's peace tomato, (in the center), to answer the above question, the marianna's peace is a pink tom, pic for comparison to red tomatoes. the taste is somewhat mild, I thought sort of sweet and a little tart at the same time, it is a meaty tomato with fewer seeds than some, what I thought was interesting is the stem does not seem to extend into the top slice of the tomato very far like it does on some. Now as far as production, I was not very impressed, but this is the only plant of that variety I grew, so someone else might want to chime in on that, by the way the sweet corn is the corn that was chewed down to almost nothing by the neighbors goats when it was just 4 to 6 " high, I just let it go and it re-grew and did well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000413.jpg (191.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg P1000415.jpg (143.6 KB, 18 views)
beefsteak is offline   Reply With Quote