Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old February 14, 2013   #1
Crissyb
Tomatovillian™

Default Seek no further love apple?

I've been searching through the threads and noticed many people growing Seek No Further Love Apple and a few discussions about it, but I wonder where to get the seeds? It sounds very intriguing and I would love to try it. Is anybody selling it?
Thanks,
Crissy
Crissyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #2
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

I dont know but I would also like to know.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #3
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

PM me for seed. If you are in, or join the round robin swap ( sign-ups end today), you'll be getting seed.

Once this swap is over (I'm the host), I'll have time to explain the background of this tomato.

Last edited by Tormato; February 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #4
barkeater
Tomatovillian™

Crissy,

Could it be Missouri Pink Love Apple? I've never heard of any other. It sounds like MPLA renamed.
Old February 14, 2013   #5
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

I got mine in the swap. I wouldn't know where to buy any. But as soon as mine are sprouted, you guys are sure welcome to whatever seeds I have left.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #6
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.ph...eek+love+apple

Above is the thread about this variety and you'll note that only those who got it from Heather's annnual seed exchange got it from seeds donated by Tormato. Her seed exchange deadline has pased long ago.

And what it really is with that name.

So no, no seeds for sale, too new, and I think the best thing to do is to post inthe WANTED Subforum of the seed exchange and just ask if anyone has any seeds to spare, but if all of them are growing it out for the first time this season, I wonder.

Note that seeds in the two seed subforums cannot be sold or bought, see the rules governing those two subforums.

Hope that helps,

Carolyn
Old February 14, 2013   #7
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

I just edited my above post.
Old February 14, 2013   #8
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
I just edited my above post.
I didn't edit mine but note that Gary said the today is the last day to sign up.

For those wondering what it is, please see the link I just put up about a prior discussion of this variety.

Gary, you already did explain what this variety is all about in the link I put up above.

Carolyn
Old February 14, 2013   #9
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Gary, I would love to hear about the background of this tomato.

I have seeds, but I put them aside, as I decided that I need to know more about it (other than it has a cool name and great taste). I kinda bothers me (for various reasons) that after lots of ravings about the taste, there was nothing said about its origin. I am sure a short story could fit in 2 sentences, no?

I see lots of folks fall for 'new and cool' tomatoes these days. This probably explains why there are so many of these appearing nowadays, I cannot even keep up with adding them into TOMATObase.

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #10
Crissyb
Tomatovillian™

Tormato,

I pm'd you for the SNFLA (such a long name to type!) and sent you my info on the round robin- never did one before

Thanks so much for the offer! Look forward to hearing more about this mysterious tomato.

Crissy
Crissyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2013   #11
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Tania,

I'll get the whole story, next week. Since my emails have been melting down, on and off for the past few weeks, I've had a bit of time to dig a bit deeper. I now believe I have the initials of the original source: J O. If anyone knows of a J O who traded tomato seeds around 2006, that will be one more lead.

I will try to contact David, to see if he still has his list of people he traded with several years ago.

Gary
Old February 15, 2013   #12
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Thank you Gary!

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2013   #13
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
Tania,

I'll get the whole story, next week. Since my emails have been melting down, on and off for the past few weeks, I've had a bit of time to dig a bit deeper. I now believe I have the initials of the original source: J O. If anyone knows of a J O who traded tomato seeds around 2006, that will be one more lead.

I will try to contact David, to see if he still has his list of people he traded with several years ago.

Gary
Gary, I do know of someone with the initials J.O. who reads and posts here and at another site or two and will PM you his user name and real name as well.

He participated in my recent seed offer and I probably still have his home address if he had it on his outer envelope, although there were many who didn't do so.

Edited to add that I checked and he did join TV in June of 2006. I Pmed the rest of the info to you.

What's my reward if he's it? LOL
Old February 16, 2013   #14
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crissyb View Post
Tormato,

I pm'd you for the SNFLA (such a long name to type!) and sent you my info on the round robin- never did one before

Thanks so much for the offer! Look forward to hearing more about this mysterious tomato.

Crissy
Crissy,

You're lucky. I hand wrote about 200 packs. People are getting either fairly small writing or really small writing. My hand was cramping up a few times. Your pack might be a bit more legible.

Don't get me started on long names. I'm seriously thinking about naming one of my experimental tomatoes after a lake that is close to the owner and operator of Tomatoville.

Here's a contest for you readers..

The first one to write back, here, with the correctly spelled name of this lake (the English translation of the Native American name for the lake, not the short American name) gets a pack of Seek-No-Further Love Apple and/or anything else in my collection.

Gary

Or, just call me "g"
That's a clue.
Old February 16, 2013   #15
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Knowing where Mischka lives and going with your clue it has to be:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Chaubunagungamaug

notice the reference to the "g" in that link as well.

Ok, so send me the seeds.

Carolyn