Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old July 13, 2013   #1
mari.beth
Tomatovillian™

Default Yellow Brandywine??? (And my other ripe tomato)

Despite my plants being decimated by blight and having very sparse foliage, I have had a couple of ripe tomatoes. Today, I picked a tomato off my YELLOW Brandywine. As you will see in the first picture, something is not quite right! I was SO careful with seeds /seedlings, so I wonder about the source (got them from what seemed to be a tomato farmer off Amazon - I may have learned a valuable lesson about sources!) The next ripest tomato on the plant looks yellow. I will give it a few days and see what happens!

My first ripe tomato was an Italian Heirloom (3rd pic). I have read people raving about them, but I thought it was a bit mealy. I will wait to see how the rest turn out before I judge (if I can keep enough foliage for them to ripen!) Since I had to prune so much foliage and remove my Amish Paste plant, I had several green tomato casualties. They are not mature enough to ripen, so I made my first attempt at fried green tomatoes today. Not as good as Mom's, but not too bad!!

Hopefully, our rain will go away and I will be able to get more ripe tomatoes before I have to prune down to the last leaf!!!

Hope you all are having better luck this year!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3_yellowbrandywinehaha.jpg (182.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 5_yellowbrandywine.jpg (135.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 1_italianheirloom.jpg (208.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 6_greentomatoesamishpaste&blackkrim.jpg (145.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 7friedgreens.jpg (241.7 KB, 15 views)
mari.beth is offline   Reply With Quote