Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old May 24, 2008   #1
tomatoguy
Tomatovillian™

Default Found a great deal on containers

My wife was shopping at Big Lots today and called me from there on her cellphone. She asked if i needed more muck buckets. That is what the co-op calls some of the containers I use for growing tomatoes, onions and peppers. They are intended for use in stables. I asked her what the price was. To my astonishment, she said they were 5 bucks apiece. I told her to get me 6. These are not exactly muck buckets but close enough. They are blue plastic and right at 20 gallons. They have rope handles. A few drainage holes in the bottom and you have a great container. They are marketed under the name United Solutions - Rough 'n' Ready - Large Utility Tubs. I have no connection with Big Lots or the manufacturer but I thought I would pass this along as it is a much better solution for container growing than paying 15-20 bucks for comparable 17 gallon muck buckets.

mater
tomatoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2008   #2
geeboss
Tomatovillian™

Default Wally World had Xmas red & green Totes 29gal $5

In Fairfax,VA

Low cost Xmas storage totes in red and green by rubbermaid on sale at Wally World 29 gal. 5.00 Good for building a Earthtainer by Raybo.

George
geeboss is offline   Reply With Quote